Video: Adopt a Fire Station
Adoptions Thus Far
- Atlanta Fire Station 1, Elizabeth Blake
- Atlanta Fire Station 35, Georgia Power
- General Adopt A Fire Station donations. Special thanks to...
The purpose of the Adopt-a-Fire Station program is not to seek extravagances. It is to partner with the community in a collective effort to enhance a fire station’s public service capabilities, features and equipment. This can include supplies needed to operate a modern and efficient neighborhood fire station.
Once a piece of equipment is donated, it becomes City of Atlanta property. The city must maintain the equipment and may need to insure the equipment and add it to the inventory asset list. As a result, the individual or business making the donation should work with the Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation to determine whether the donation is one that the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department wants to accept.
If funds are donated, the donor may want to provide that the funds may only be used for Atlanta Fire Rescue Department. Under City of Atlanta law, all donations to the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department must be accepted by the city council by a resolution. Any conditions placed on the donation by the donor must be documented in the resolution.
Sample List of Previously Approved Items
- Brand new office equipment such as fax machines, printers, computers and supplies
- Training room exercise equipment
- Washer and dryer
- Storage facilities must be able to lock for security purposes
- Specialized firefighting, rescue and medical equipment
- Outdoor grills
- Lawn mowers or landscaping equipment
- Hand tools
- Power Tools
- Ice machines
- Kitchen appliances
- Building Materials
- Blinds or curtains
- Bed Linens
- Sleeping bags
- Pots and pans
- Dinner plates, cups and silverware
- Unused American flag
Thank you to our Sponsor for adopting our Fire Stations
- Atlanta Fire Stations 3, 21, 26, 27 and 29, Rotary Club of Buckhead;
- Atlanta Fire Station 16, Quincy Springs