Tuition Assistance Program
Our foundation values the importance of academics and wants to offer our sworn and civilian members an opportunity to further their education through our tuition assistance program.
The following requirements must be met for eligibility purposes:
- Must have completed ARFD employment probationary period;
- Not under any disciplinary probation of suspension at the application
submission or dispersion of funds;
- Employee is working toward a degree from a university regionally accredited through the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA);
- Must maintain a minimum 2.00 current and 3.00 overall GPA;
- Must be applying for the semester before the deadline date
- Employee must agree to remain employed by AFRD for two years immediately following the last disbursement payment
- Transcripts and itemized statements must be provided at the time of application
Application deadlines each year:
- January 31st
- June 30th
- September 30th
Disbursement of funds schedule:
- March 1st
- August 1st
- October 15th
Adopt A Fire Station
The purpose of the Adopt a Fire Station Program is to partner with the community in a collective effort to enhance a fire station’s public service capabilities, features, and equipment. Our program is designed to support your needs and share with our donors who are interested in supporting the station.
Should a donor decide to drop off donations, please complete the form.
Affordable Housing Initiative
The affordable housing initiative is a member incentive program that encourages AFRD sworn personnel to either rent or own a home in the City of Atlanta.
The initiative provides each member up to $1,000 upon closing of a home or proof of a rental agreement of more than 12 months.